Friday, July 13, 2007

Life in a Rickshaw

This is what the street looks like from right in the middle of all the craziness. I'm sitting in a rickshaw and just hoping I don't get hit. It's actually not so bad once you get used to it. I'm going to have to remember that the cars and bikes won't try to avoid me in other countries. Vietnam is a trip. Everyone rides a motorbike so it looks like this constant race is going on because the streets are filled with motorbikes from sidewalk to sidewalk all going the same direction. Hanoi does have some pedestrian crossing lights but they don't seem to mean much to anyone. I suppose as a local there is some distance between biker and walker that is considered proper etiquette but is seemed like a pretty small distance to me; "no touching, anything else goes," could have worked as a credo.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Who am I?

My photo
La Honda, California, United States
"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." Horace Mann